Mercedes announced a new partnership with Google to supply its map information in its next generation cars. The CEO explains why it abandoned it approach to try to keep big IT companies out its cars and disclosed that in its partnership with NVIDIA the two companies will split revenues from autonomous driving packages 50/50. See video below.
About The Author
Johann Peter Murmann is Chair and Professor of Strategic Management at the University of St. Gallen. He received a BA in Philosophy with Honors from the University of California at Berkeley and a Master’s and PhD degree with distinction in Management and Organizations (1998) from Columbia University. Professor Murmann mainly focuses his award-winning research activities on systematic examination of the ways companies gain or lose competitive advantage over long periods of time. He now researchers with his team who companies can improve their forecasts.
The Battle for Control of the Dashboard
December 7, 2022
Assessing the Relative Chances of Incumbents, Start-Ups, and Diversifying Entrants
December 18, 2022
Fuel Cell vs Battery
December 5, 2022
- WJS video explainer: what are e-fuels and are they carbon neutral?
- GM Ditches Apple CarPlay on EVs
- Chinese brands will represent up to 20% of EVs sold in Europe by 2030
- The EV startup boom is over. Companies are now trying to avoid a bust.
- Climbing Everest: The challenge Continental CTO sees for moving to software – defined cars
No comments to show.